MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 11th July 2016 AT THE ATRIUM, REDWITHER TOWER
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair), Councillors R G Lowden , R Jones, I Squire and A Reeves.
APOLOGIES: Councillors TAG Williams P Done and S Clutton.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC) and PCSO David Jones.
Minutes of the meeting held on the 13th June were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
24 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk said that he had received a report on the issues raised at the last meeting with NOMS. Catherine Pritchard had indicated that Wrexham would be installing the additional yellow lines imminently and that the bin should be emptied more frequently in the meantime. Additionally the Dog fowling contactors for Wrexham had been asked to patrol the area. Should it prove necessary to provide more bins the Wrexham would empty them. Additional car parking was now available on site and this should relieve the parking issues.
Members however expressed the view that the state of the verges and particularly where lorries parked human waste was being left on the verges. The Clerk was asked to check when the double yellow lines were to be installed and for the area to be cleaned up.
Cllr Morris said that he had checked with Highways on the hedges and there was the likelihood that they would be cut back when the grass verges were cut in the next week. If not an enforcement order would be served.
He also reported that the Owens issue was progressing slower than expected as they were not responding to the Enforcement team.
25 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO David Jones submitted his report which showed 10 crimes and five cases of anti-social behaviour.in the Holt ward. One burglary, two burglaries other than a dwelling, one assault, one theft from a motor vehicle, three thefts (all linked to one of the burglaries), one case of criminal damage and one drugs case.
Members thanked the PCSO for the report and took the opportunity to mention the problems of litter and bushes being used as toilets. David Jones said he would monitor the area. Members also mentioned problems where people were parking their cars across the pavement and again David agreed to follow it up.
26 FINANCIAL MATTERS, AUDIT AND ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised
Wrexham CBC – Inspection & Maintenance of Play Areas – £640.20
Wrexham CBC – Hire of Atrium – £60
Clerk’s expenses – £109.90
Macmillan Cancer Care – £100.00
Starlight – £50.00
Vic Studios – £50.00
Kidney Wales – £50.00
Marie Currie – £100
Shelter Cymru – £50.00
Hope House – £50.00
Bank balances were as follows- Current Account – £25,343.85 and Reserve Account – £5,475.22
Additionally there was a VAT refund of £1,934.22 to be added.
The Clerk reported that he had not received the Annual Report back from the Auditors as it was awaiting review.
27 COUNCILLORS CODE OF CONDUCT
RESOLVED to adopt the model Code of Conduct for the Council.
28 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk gave a summary of the items of correspondence
- Wrexham CBC – Reshaping of Education Enrichment & Intervention services - Noted
- Wrexham CBC – Strategic Road Network Study – consultation – Noted
- Wrexham CBC – Licensing Policy Review – Noted
- Ombudsman – Annual Report 2015/16 – Noted
- Play Wales – Conference –October 2016 – Cardiff – Noted
- PRS for music – Consultation on music licences – Noted
- Public Services Staff Commission Annual Report – Noted
- Welsh Government – Building Regs Advisory Committee – Recruitment of additional members – Noted
- BIG LOTTERY – Press release re allocation of £600,000 to community groups – Noted
- One Voice Wales – Fly the flag for the Commonwealth March 2017 – Noted
- Welsh Government statement on plans for tax powers – Noted
- One Voice wales – Invitation to apply for energy efficiency projects – Noted
- LEADER Project – Red Telephone Box Regeneration Project – Noted
- LEADER Project – iBeacon Network Project – Noted
- AVOW – Annual meeting – 15 July 2016 – Noted
- ALCC – Membership of Clerk – Noted
Wrexham Energy Centre- notification of Preliminary Meeting – Noted
30 MEMBERS REPORTS
Cllr Iris Squire asked that the grass by the Post Office be cut as it was long and unsightly. Cllr Morris said he would raise it with Wrexham.
31 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be MONDAY 5th September 2016 at 7.00 pm at the Atrium.
32 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 7.50
Filed under: Previous Minutes