MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 13th JUNE 2016 AT THE ATRIUM, REDWITHER TOWER
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair), Councillors TAG Williams, R Jones, I Squire, P Done and A Reeves.
APOLOGIES: Councillors R G Lowden and S Clutton.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC).
Prior to the meeting commencing the Chair welcomed Nick Dan and Suzy Talbot of NOMS as well as Catherine Pritchard of Wrexham CBC. Suzy and Nick gave an update on both the construction of the Prison but also on the developing operational issues. Building work was on time and on budget and recruitment was progressing, particularly as a nearby Prison was closing freeing up experienced staff. That, with local recruitment, led them to believe that everything was on target. Major contracts for training and learning and industry was at an advanced stage as were discussions with the Betsy Cadwaleder Health Board over health staffing.
Members asked a number of questions and the Chair expressed his disappointment that neither the Ministry nor the Contractors had accepted the invitation to attend, particularly as there were issues which were their responsibility. He also thanked Wrexham for putting double yellow lines along Bridge road which had made it much safer with the removal of the “Butty Van”. The Chair took up the opportunity to ask Catherine if Wrexham would empty litter bins if Abenbury bought additional bins because of the litter problem with overnight lorry parking. Catherine agreed to raise this. After discussion it was generally agreed to see how the problem continued following the parking restrictions.
Suzy confirmed that the “Open overnight” was scheduled for January 10/11th and would contact the Clerk in due course to gauge interest.
The Chair thanked the representatives for attending and hoped to see them again in the autumn.
Minutes of the meeting held on the 9th May were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
15 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk said that he had received a number of very detailed questions from the Auditor but had not, as yet, received a report from them.
He also referred to the Code of Conduct and to some advice from Wrexham which, in his view, did not really address the issues faced by Community Councils who had adopted the County Council Code.
Cllr Morris said that there was no issues with the windows at the former transformer buildings. He also confirmed that the offending tree would be cut back to allow the speed sign to operate properly.
It was noted that the hedge was still needing cutting back and the Clerk said he would chase it up with Beci Morgan.
16 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO David Jones had submitted an apology and an alternative was expected. (Note subsequent to the meeting the Police confirmed that the PCSO who was to attend had been redirected to an incident, which ment that they had missed the meeting.)
17 FINANCIAL MATTERS, AUDIT AND ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised
Wrexham CBC – Payroll – employer costs – £776.39
COMPACC – Internal Audit – £99.00
Information Commissioner – £35.00
Bank balances were as follows- Current Account – £26,254.24 and Reserve Account – £5,474.99
18 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk gave a summary of the items of correspondence
- Wrexham CBC – Public spaces dog control – consultation – Noted
- Wrexham CBC – Environmental Crime Enforcement – Noted
- Wrexham CBC – Mayor’s Civic Visit to Church – 19th June 2014 – Noted
- Wrexham CBC – Play Area Inspection Report – Noted
- Wrexham CBC – Town & Community Council Forum – next meeting – 16th June – Noted
- Play Wales – e- bulletin June – Noted
- Go Safe – News Bulletin – Noted
- Marie Currie – Throw a blooming great tea party – Noted but agreed to consider donation at future meeting
- National Plant Monitoring – A big thank you – Noted
- Dee Valley – New website - Noted
- Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales – Reporting expenses – Noted
- Paul Lai – Request to sign petition re young people suicides – Noted (Individual Members considered signing)
- Antur Teifi – Business Start-up loans - Noted
- Businessline Wrexham – Information request – Noted
- One Voice Wales – Training – Council as Employer – Noted
- Planning Aid Wales – Planning Training – 29th June - Noted
- Planning Aid Wales – Bulletin – Noted
- Planning Aid Wales – AGM 20th June - Noted
- Starlight – request for financial assistance – Deferred
- Centenary Fields – Noted as no land in our ownership
P/2016/0461 –Demolition of existing buildings for residential development – 22 Bryn Estyn Lane (adjoining Abenbury). Not supported because of highway concerns
P/2016/0480 and 0482 – Provision of new depot and display of new Sign boards at unit B Spectrum Business Park. No adverse comments
20 MEMBERS REPORTS
Cllr Ray Jones asked whether the “Owens” depot required planning permission. Cllr Morris replied that the Enforcement team were now involved and things were moving on.
21 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be MONDAY11th July 2016 at 7.00 pm at the Atrium.
22 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.20pm
Filed under: Previous Minutes