MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 12th OCTOBER 2015 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair), Councillors R G. Lowden F A Reeves, J. Russell, TAG Williams, R Jones, S Clutton, P Done and I Squire.
APOLOGIES: Councillor PCSO D Jones.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
PCSOs Phil Peters and Lisa Davies.
Prior to the commencement of the meeting the Clerk reported that the meeting with the MoJ had been postponed until the November meeting because of the unavailability of the Governor Designate. It was agreed that the public be invited to attend at 6.00pm with the Council meeting starting as usual at 7.00pm.
Minutes of the meeting held on the 14th September 2015 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
43 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that Cllr Morris had obtained a costing for the lay by from Wrexham CBC. This was in excess of £29,000 which member considered too costly for the Council to undertake. It was agreed therefore to await the meeting with the MoJ to see whether they had agreed to be involved.
The Chair confirmed that the CCTV cameras had now been installed in the correct locations and that the Cheque could be released. The Clerk confirmed that he had purchased a Tablet for less than £100 for the PCSO and was awaiting confirmation on his training.
The Clerk also confirmed that the requested item at the Town & Community Councils meeting had been agreed for the December meeting.
44 POLICING MATTERS
In the absence of PCSO David Jones PCSO Phil Peters presented the crime report for the Holt ward for September. During the month there had been 15 crimes and 3 ASBs. There had been 6 burglary other than dwellings, 2 assaults, 1 theft from a motor vehicle, 4 thefts and 2 cases of criminal damage. Of concern was the number of Burglaries and thefts. He reminded members of the need to get reports to the Police and for people to lock their cars and sheds. He also said that two vehicles had been seized for the lack of licence, as the result of work done by David Jones.
Members indicated that there was concern over the damage to the Community Centre and to a black BMW with foreign number plates driving recklessly in the area. The PCSO agreed to feed back to David Jones.
45 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The following Grants were authorised:
North Wales Deaf Association – £50.00
Family Friends – £50.00
Starlight – £50.00
Llangollen International Eisteddfod – £50.00
Bank balances were as follows- Current Account – £30,870.72 and Reserve Account £5,473.16
The Clerk also reported on the new arrangements for the external audit of accounts.
46 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk gave a summary of the items of correspondence received, which included:-
- Wrexham CBC – Difficult Decisions Consultation – Meeting 13th October 2015. –Chair to attend
- Wrexham CBC – Town & Community Council Forum Agenda – 15th October 2015. – Chair to attend
- Wrexham CBC – Consultation on Open Space. – Map confirmed
- North Wales Fire & Rescue – Consultation – Noted
- Planning Aid Wales – Free Planning workshop – 22nd Oct at Wrexham CBC. – Noted
- Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales – Draft Report – Noted
- North Wales Wildlife Trust – Proposals for Community Wildflower Meadow. – No support for proposals for Wrexham Industrial estate as shown. Agreed to invite North Wales Wildlife Trust to January meeting.
- Wrexham Matters – Newssheet. – Noted
Lower Park Farm Co-operative – Invitation. – Noted
viv. BBC – Consultation event – 15th October 2015. – Noted
- MoJ – Newsletter – Noted
Grant Applications (Dealt with under item 45)
- North Wales Deaf Association
- Family Friends
- Llangollen Eisteddfod
No new applications.
P/2015/0640 – Solar Farm, Erlas Farm.
The Clerk reported that a new access plan was being drawn up and we would then be consulted again.
48 MEMBERS REPORTS
- Cllr G Williams expressed concern as to the slow progress on the Cycle way under construction.
- Cllr R Jones asked Cllr Morris to check the planning status of a development on Clywedog Road South.
- Cllr S Clutton said that the grass verges on Clywedog Road South had not appeared to have been cut. Cllr Morris to take up with Wrexham.
- Cllr I Squire asked if any decision had been made over the future of the Community Centre by Wrexham since Cyfle moving out? Cllr Morris suggested that Wrexham would potentially ask the Community Council to take over the building in the next financial year as they had done elsewhere. It would be a matter then for Abenbury to weigh up the use against the costs involved.
- Cllr Morris said that he had taken up with the County Council the issue raised by a resident over the condition of kerbing on the Oval. However he was not optimistic due to the financial constraints on the County. Similarly he had asked them to look at the drains by the Post Office.
49 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be MONDAY 9th November 2015 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
50 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.15pm
Filed under: Previous Minutes