MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 8th June 2015 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair), Councillors P R Done, R Jones, F A Reeves, J. Russell, S Clutton and I Squire.
APOLOGIES: Councillors TAG Williams and R G. Lowden
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
PCSO David Jones.
14 MEMBERSHIP OF THE COUNCIL
The Clerk reminded Members that there was still one vacancy on the Council.
Minutes of the meeting held on the 11th May 2015 were confirmed, with the exception of the amendment of the name of the new Councillor to Samantha Clutton, and signed as a correct record.
16 MATTERS ARISING
Cllr Morris said that the Planning Application for the Asphalt Plant had been refused.
Cllr Morris also confirmed that the “flashing speed reminder” issue had been agreed by Caia Community Council at a cost in the region of £4,500. After some discussion and confirmation that funds were available, Members agreed to also fund a unit, subject to a final confirmation of cost.
With reference to the Prison the Clerk confirmed that he had had a reply from the MoJ and that the signs and parking had now been sorted.
17 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO David Jones presented the crime report for the Holt ward. There had been 8 incidents including 4 cases of Theft, 2 assaults, 2 detected drug offences and 8 cases of anti social behaviour. The “Emerging issues” in the Council area were speeding and parking, which had been followed up. Recent problems were discussed particularly the damage and anti-social behaviour at the Garages, parking at Oak road and youngsters on small scooters with no helmets and insurance.
Members then discussed the proposal for CCTV in the area. The Clerk had then received a full quote for three CCTV cameras following site discussions with Councillors. The quote was £4413.60 including VAT. However this did not include a computer which would be in the region of £400. After some discussion it was AGREED to accept the quote.
18 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The Clerk reported that he had received back the Annual Return from the external Auditor with a number of questions and amendments which were noted.
That the amendments to the Annual Return and Accounts be confirmed and signed by the Chair.
The following payments were authorised:
COMPACC – Internal Auditor – £99.00
IOC – £35.00
The Clerks timesheet for the first quarter was signed.
Bank balances were as follows- Current Account – £28,661.48 and Reserve Account £5,472.23
19 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk gave a summary of the items of correspondence received, which included:-
- Wrexham CBC – Agenda for Town & Community Council Forum meeting – 11th June 2015 – noted change of time
- M&T builders – offer of services – noted
- Planning Aid AGM – 22/06/2015 and Planning Seminar 15/07/2016 at Colwyn Bay – noted
- Wrexham Town Centre Forum – Survey –(surveymonkey.com/r/telluswhatyouthinkaboutwrexham) – clerk to respond
- Wales Government (via DVSC) tour of Wales to discuss plans for next year’s budget – noted
- Wrexham CBC – Mayor’s Civic Visit to St Giles Church – 21 June 2015 invitation – Cllr A Reeves to represent Council
- DVSC – ESF funding (Abenbury NOT eligible) – noted
- MoJ – letter re appointment of Governor of new Prison – noted and hope he would meet with the Council soon
- Wrexham CBC – Prison newsletter issue 4 – Noted ask for wider distribution
- Irish Sea Seminar – Invitation – noted
- Wrexham CBC – Invitation to apply for Community Inclusion Grant for supporting older people – noted
- Email from resident complaining about website – noted
- Wicksteed Playgrounds – offer of services – noted
- Llangollen Eisteddfod – offer of tickets – Cllr Russell to attend
- Glasdon – Brochure – noted
P/2015/0402 – Display Sign at Units 38-40 Abenbury Way. Concern over size as could become distraction to drivers.
P/2015/0361 – Reserved Matters – Site C4 land at Abenbury Way. Same comments as on original application, i.e. concern over noise and now use known possible problems with odour.
21 MEMBERS REPORTS
- Cllr Morris raised issues about parking on Bridgeway East and the Chair suggested this could be raised with the MoJ at the next meeting as something that could be done to help the community.
- Cllr Done enquired about grass cutting in rural areas and was assured that this had started. He also raised the state of the hedges along Bryn Estyn Road and sandy Lane. Clerk to take up with the Golf Course.
- Cllr J Russell reported on a well-attended meeting of the Neighbourhood Watch and the concerns about the lack of either a fence or hedge on the back fields. Cllr Morris believed the land was still with the developers before being adopted by the Council.
22 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be MONDAY 13th July 2015 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
23 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.35pm
Filed under: Previous Minutes