MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 12th January 2015 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair), P R Done, I Squire, R G Lowden and TAG Williams.
APOLOGIES: Councillors R Jones and A Reeves.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
And PCSOs D Jones and M Griffiths
Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th November were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
63 MATTERS ARISING
The Chair reported on his, the Vice Chair and Clerk meeting with Lee Robinson and other Officers from Wrexham Council regarding liaison arrangements regarding the Prison. However the Clerk reported that no further approach had been received. Members expressed their disappointment and concern for the future.
Members also referred to the planting on Bridgeway East.
The Clerk gave an update on arrangements for the repair of the Notice Board and confirmed that the payment agreed at the last meeting for parts had not been sent.
64 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO Dave Jones submitted his report for November and December. There had been 18 incidents during November and 16 in December. There had been an increase in Anti social behaviour with 13 incidents but a reduction in December to 5. Much of this was down to Police action with a particular family. PCSO Griffiths highlighted two separate arrests where vehicles had been driving suspiciously around the Industrial Estate.
Both PCSO’s stressed how important that any occurrence should be reported as one of these cases was as the result of such action.
Members raised the suggestion of installing CCTV in the estate and asked whether the Police would be prepared to monitor the Camera. PCSO Jones said he would seek the views of his Sergeant. Cllr Morris agreed to discuss with the local Inspector and Clerk would seek a demonstration from a local company.
65 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
Members considered the Precept report submitted by the Clerk together with the estimated balance at year end.
RESOLVED That the Precept be increased to £12,250 for the year 2015/16, equivalent to £24.70 at Band D, an increase of 1p.
The following payments were authorised:
Wrexham CBC – Employer costs – £550.80
Zurich Municipal – £881.72
SLCC – Subscription – £77.00
Clerk’s expenses – £148.78
The Current account contained £28,632.69 and the Reserve Account contained £5,470.85
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS
- Community Centre Contributions – AGREED to continue to meet the net running costs estimated to be £1276.00 at Abenbury Community Centre and to make no contribution for Pentre Gwyn Community Centre.
- Community Council Street Lighting – Members AGREED to continue with Wrexham Council at an estimated cost of £496.98.
Agreed to defer consideration on the play equipment until
After the further consideration on the CCTV Camera.
66 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk gave a summary of the items of correspondence received, which included:-
- Wrexham CBC – Xmas Card from Mayor
- MP & AM – Xmas Card
- Wrexham CBC – Confirmation of non request to fill Council vacancies – noted. Cllr Morris mentioned he had mentioned the vacancies to a resident from the LLwyn Onn area and had hoped he might have come to the meeting. Agreed to prepare some leaflets to distribute in that area.
- CHALC – notification of new Nantwich to Wrexham Bus Route (Holt/Farndon) Taken by Cllr Morris.
- Wrexham CBNC – Winter edition of Connect Magazine – Noted
- North & Mid Wales Association of Town Councils – Survey on Health Services results. Noted
- Wrexham CBC – Community Endowment Fund – Invitation to promote applications for financial support. Noted
- Aled Roberts AM – Notice of Surgeries
- Glasdon Product brochure – Noted
APPLICATIONS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTENCE
- Marie Curie Cancer Care – Deferred until future meeting
P/2015/0009 – External alterations to ISPEN Biopharm, Ash Road North, Wrexham Industrial Estate.
P/2014/0845 – Construction of Asphalt Plant, Land at Clywedog Road North, Wrexham Industrial Estate.
Objection on grounds of concern on possible affect on important and developing food and otherindustries in the nearby vicinity and on the grounds of increased traffic in the area.
68 MEMBERS REPORTS
Cllr M Morris said that the problem concerning the Bus service to Pentre Maelor had now been resolved.
Cllr G Williams asked whether it might be possible to tidy up the Post Office outside facade as the roofing work was going on. Cllr Morris indicated that he had already asked the same question but would follow it up.
69 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be held on MONDAY 10th February 2015 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
70 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.35
Filed under: Previous Minutes