MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 11th May 2015 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
Councillor R Squire (in the Chair), Councillors P R Done, R Jones, R G. Lowden, J. Russell and I Squire.
APOLOGIES: Councillors TAG Williams and F A Reeves
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
PCSO David Jones.
Prior to the commencement of the meeting the Council received a presentation on CCTV from a local company. The representatives explained the various options available as well as informing the Council regarding legal and privacy issues. Members asked a number of questions relating to vandalism, coverage, length of time of information held on the machines and warranty.
1 ELECTION OF CHAIR
RESOLVED – That Councillor Ray Squire be appointed Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
2 DECLARATION OF OFFICE
Councillor Ray Squire then read and signed the Declaration of Office before the Clerk as Proper Officer.
3 APPOINTMENT OF VICE -CHAIR
RESOLVED - That Councillor R G Lowden be appointed Vice Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
The Clerk apologised that there were two errors on page two of the minutes and presented a revised copy of the page. Subject to this the minutes of the Meeting held on 20th April 2015 were confirmed and signed as a correct record. It was also noted the correct name of Becky Morgan.
5 MATTERS ARISING
Cllr Morris said that the Planning Application for the Asphalt Plant had again been deferred to seek additional information from the nearby food factories who had objected.
The Clerk said that he had briefly spoken to the Payroll manager at Wrexham who had indicated that the Council were acting on legal advice regarding the wording of the SLA. However he had also indicated that they would be ensuring that the debtors section were aware of Community Council timescales in paying bills and would not be pressing payment within five days. Members agreed that subject to confirmation on the above that the SLA be signed by the Clerk.Cllr Morris said that the “flashing speed reminder” issue was to go before Caia Community Council on Thursday night after which he would let us know whether they were in favour of supporting the idea. Members spoke of the recent fatal collision on Cefn road which had occurred because of excessive speed.
6 MEMBERSHIP OF THE COUNCIL
The Chair introduced Samantha Russell who was interested in being co-opted to the Council.
RESOLVED – unanimously that Samantha Russell be co-opted to the Council.
She then read and signed the declaration of acceptance of office and was duly welcomed as a Member by the Chair.
7 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO David Jones presented the crime report for the Holt ward, pointing out the new format of the report. There had been 8 incidents including 1 Burglary, 4 cases of Theft, 1 assault,1 drug offence and 2 cases of anti social behaviour. Whilst the Council’s stated priorities had not been listed they were reflected in the “Emerging issues” part of the report. Similarly it included the issue of speeding and parking, which were being followed up.
Members then took the opportunity to discuss with the PCSO the idea of the CCTV. In supporting the Council he stated that he had received confirmation from his Sergeant that he would be happy to hold and monitor the equipment. After some discussion it was agreed that the Clerk seek a full quote for two CCTV cameras. One for Pentre Maelor and the other for LLwyn Onn. The Company would be asked to recommend the appropriate equipment after meeting with Cllrs Squire and Russell to discuss location etc.
8 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The Clerk presented the Accounts for 2014/2015 which had been scrutinised by the Internal Auditor who had agreed them. He had raised the issue of the need for Standing Orders and Financial Regulations to be reviewed every year. It was agreed that these be presented to the September meeting. These would now go to the External Auditor. The Clerk then took Members through the Accounts reminding the Council that they had now built up substantial balances and that he would need to include a note with the Accounts for the External Auditor to explain the Councils expenditure plans.
That the Annual Return and Accounts be confirmed and signed by the Chair.
The following payments were authorised:
Wrexham CBC – Employer Costs – £489.60
Bank balances were as follows- Current Account – £29,151.08 and Reserve Account £5,472.01
9 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk gave a summary of the items of correspondence received, which included :-
- Wrexham CBC – Date of Town & Community Council Forum meeting – 11th June 2015 – Cllrs Squire, Russell and Clutton to attend.
- Public Service Ombudsman for Wales – Revised Guidance on the Code of Conduct (ombudsman-wales.org.uk) -noted
- AON – Insurance Interest –await renewal
- Wrexham Street Festival – Flyer -noted
- Wales Government – Statutory Guidance on Access to Information – noted and after discussion it was AGREED that the hours of the Clerk should be extended by one hour a week to enable the website to be maintained.
- Wrexham CBC – Open Space Audit & Assessment – Vice Chair to respond on behalf of the Council.
- DVSC – training opportunities – noted (new membes to consider what training they may need and to inform the Clerk)
- GBZ_ZM Local Council Advisory Service Seminar 2015 – Flyer -noted
- OWL – contact details – noted (Both Cllrs Russell and Clutton had already signed up for this)
- Aled Roberts- Poster
- Hope House Newsletter and request for financial support – deferred for meeting in July
11 MEMBERS REPORTS
- Cllr Russell reported that she had obtained £400 worth of Community Safety material for her neighbourhood watch scheme as well as dog poo bags. She had approached Wrexham to get dog litter bins provided but had not had any success. The Clerk was asked to take it up with Wrexham.
- Cllr Lowden said that he was still awaiting news over the Plant monitoring scheme.
- Cllr Clutton reported on fly tipping down Erlas lane which had been dealt with but indicated that there was still a lot of litter in the area and along Cefn road. She would follow up with Cllr Morris.
- Cllr I Squire asked the Clerk to chase up the promises made by the MoJ and Wrexham Council, particularly over traffic speed signs and diversions.
12 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be MONDAY 8th June 2015 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
13 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.55pm
NB Cllr Morris left at 8.15 pm
Filed under: Previous Minutes