MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 9th October 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors R Jones, A Reeves, M Roberts, I Squire, E Williams, C G Marsh, TAG Williams and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott. PCSO Luke Dobby.
APOLOGIES: Councillor P Done
Minutes of the Meeting held on 11th September 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
130 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that Wrexham CBC did not support a mirror at the junction of Taunton and Kempton Way.
131 POLICING MATTERS
The Chair welcomed PCSO Luke Dobby to the meeting. PCSO Dobby gave a brief resume of crime and anti-social behaviour in the area over the past month. There had been 1 case of violence against a person, 4 burglaries other than a dwelling, 1 case of theft and handling and 1 criminal damage as well as 3 cases of anti social behaviour. Members asked questions including recent breaking in of garages which was being investigated and whether the Police could have assisted by stopping traffic during the recent very heavy rainfalls. PCSO Kelly Ellis was now in post but unable to attend but would be present in future. The main initiative at present was to establish an OWL Watch which was to be discussed with residents on the 10th October.
132 FINANCIAL MATTERS AND ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised:
Hacker Young – Auditors – £192.00
Residents Association – additional mugs – £79.26
The following grants were approved:
Shelter Cymru – £30.00
Hope House – £50.00
Red Cross – £25.00
Childline – £25.00
Nightingale House – £50.00
It was also agreed to put £5,000 into a six month bond and a further £5000 into a 12 month bond.
It was further agreed to investigate the cost of providing 4 plus salt bins, a new Notice Board and a planned replacement programme for the Council’s street lights amongst other ideas.
133 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Mayor’s Charity Dinner – no action.
• Noted that the next Wrexham Town & Community Council Forum meeting was on 4th December.
• Clwyd Family History Society – Taken by vice Chair.
• WCBC – Street Lighting. Request to alter the arrangements for the repairs to Community Council owned lighting. Not supported.
• Community Health Council – request to circulate and display literature on the proposed changes to NHS Services in North Wales. Agreed
• Letter from resident regarding the proposed Power Station. After considerable discussion regarding the merits or otherwise of the scheme, the issue of the power lines, the site and in particular the view of the Isycoed Community Council as expressed in their local newsletter regarding their preference for the former Firestone site and to the letter drafted by Councillor Morris for that Council making representations to the Minister at the Welsh Government, the Council resolved
a) That the Council object strongly to the proposed power station on ANY site in the Wrexham Industrial Estate.
b) That the Clerk write to the Isycoed CC expressing the Council’s views and disappointment that they had suggested the location at a site in Abenbury to the Minister.
c) That the Clerk write to the Minister accordingly.
Notice of Granted
• P/2012/0464 – New Glazed Entrance – SPI Europe Ltd, Unit C Spectrum Business Park
• P/2012/0456 – Erection of silos – Unit 52,Roil Foods, Clwydegog road North.
• P/2012/0667 – Two storey Laboratory, Cytec, Abenbury Way. No objections.
• P/2012/0657 – Signage boards (In retrospect) Ash Tyres, Units 19 to 20 Abenbury Way- Objection due to size and location of the Boards
135 MEMBERS REPORTS
• The noisy grid appeared to have settled.
• Problems of flooding and gullies not coping with heavy rain.
• Potholes on Cefn road.
• Problems with grass cutting
136 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 13th November 2012 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
128 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.35m.
Filed under: Previous Minutes