MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 9th April 2013 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE

 

PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)

Councillors P Done, C G Marsh, I Squire, E Williams and TAG Williams

ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott,

 

APOLOGIES: Councillors R Jones, Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC) and PCSO Luke Dobby.

 

175 MINUTES

 

Minutes of the Meeting held on 12th March 2013 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.

 

 

176 MATTERS ARISING

 

The Clerk reported that he had received a copy of the presentation on the Website at the Joint meeting between Wrexham and the Town & Community Councils from Councillor Morris. The Council had twelve months to make the necessary arrangements and would report back at the June meeting. He also gave an update from Councillor Morris on the possible Prison which had received support from Wrexham Council. The consultation on the Power Station had been delayed as some landowners had refused access to the Company. This was now likely to be in early summer. After some discussion it was agreed that future meetings would be held on the second MONDAY of the month.

 

 

177 POLICING MATTERS

 

In the absence of PCSO Dobby the Clerk presented the report on crime in the area over the past month. There had been a total of 8 incidents including 2 thefts from vehicles. There were also 2 cases of Theft and Handling and 3 Criminal Damage. Members asked the Clerk to again raise the issue of Offroaders as this had been particularly bad last weekend.

 

 

178 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS

 

The Clerk had no items to report.

Members said that there had been very little response to the leaflet drop. Councillor E Williams said he had had some ideas raised, one on the siting of the roundabout he would take up with Councillor Morris. The other worthy of consideration was the repositioning of the bus stop with ancillary works. Members agreed to raise this with Highways.

It was also agreed to purchase another Notice Board for the Pentre Dwr area.

 

179 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT

 

The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-

• Noted an invitation to join the Civic society – declined.

• Chair to complete the Survey from Cardiff University.

 

180 PLANNING

 

Notice of Granted

• P/2012/0667 – CYTEC – construction of two storey laboratory building.

• P/2012/0879 – Rowan Foods – Extensions.

Notice of refusal of Appeal

• P/2012/0588 – HTC, Redwither road, tree work on site covered by a TPO.

 

181 MEMBERS REPORTS

 

• The Chair said that the owner of the Post Office had asked for the old Notice Board to be removed. It was agreed that Cllr Marsh could remove the notice board.

• Cllr Morris, via the Clerk, informed the meeting that the central green area in Pentre Maelor was now safeguarded under the Owain Glyndwr scheme.

 

182 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING

 

The next Ordinary Meeting would be on MONDAY 13th May 2013 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.

 

183 DURATION OF MEETING

 

The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 7.45

 

 

Signed__________________________ Date______________

SN13/04/2013

 

Filed under: Previous Minutes