MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 8th May 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors R Jones, I Squire, P Done, M Roberts, TAG Williams.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott. Clr Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
88 ELECTION OF CHAIR
RESOLVED That Councillor Ray Squire be appointed Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
89 DECLARATION OF OFFICE
Councillor R. Squire signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office before the Clerk as Proper Officer.
90 APPOINTMENT OF VICE- CHAIR
RESOLVED That Councillor Mel Roberts be appointed Vice Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
91 ELECTION 2012
The Clerk congratulated the members for their success in being reappointed unopposed. There were four vacancies to be filled. RESOLVED
to place notices in the area advising the fact and to consider appointing co-opted members at the next meeting.
Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th April 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
93 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that he had invited Darren Green of Wrexham Highways to the meeting as requested but he had declined and when asked if he were available to attend the June meeting he had indicated that he was not able to commit at this time. Members expressed their disappointment and frustration and asked Clr Morris if he would put some pressure on Mr Green to attend the next meeting.
The Clerk confirmed that Mr Green had furnished him with a copy of the consultation letter regarding the changes to the speed limit. This had been received in early December with a closing date for responses on the 30th January and thus the Council had not been able to consider the letter.
Members confirmed that the new lighting column was now in place.
Standing Orders were confirmed and it was agreed to adopt the County Council Code of Conduct for Members after Councillor Morris pointed out that there were variations with the current Abenbury Code to that adopted by other Community Councils.
94 WREXHAM CBC STANDARDS COMMITTEE
Agreed to nominate Councillor Mel Roberts as the Community Councillor representative.
95 FINANCIAL MATTERS/ACCOUNTS
The Clerk presented the Accounts for the past Year which had been scrutinised by the Internal Auditor. The main issue raised was the incorrect amount credited for a cheque in July 2011 to Wrexham CBC for the Street lighting maintenance. The Clerk had investigated this and confirmed that the £36 difference had been credited to the Council’s account and thus the next payment, due now, had been reduced accordingly.
That the Accounts be confirmed and signed by the Chair.
Members further agreed to consider their future spending plans at the next meeting.
The following payment was authorised:
Wrexham CBC – Street Lighting – £131.38.
With regard to the issues with the Nat West Bank regarding authorisation of signatures the Clerk reported that he was now an authorised signatory and that he would be asking other member to complete forms at the next meeting to ensure there was no future problem.
96 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board – date of Locality Stakeholder Groups. – No Action
• Application for Sponsorship for Mrs Carrie – Ann Price in respect of the Bupa Great Manchester Run 2012 in aid of a Wrexham based Charity Family Friends for 5’s to 11’s. Agreed to donate £20.
Nothing to report.
98 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Noted that there had been a major accident on Redwither Lane at 4pm. Members had previously warned of speeding and that the lane was much busier with all the current road works.
• Slow sign had been painted on the wrong side of the road!
• Concern over the high Electric fence erected at Bellis’s and whether planning permission was needed.
• Concern expressed that no action had been taken over the sinking of the carriageway on Clwyedog East / South.
• Noted that the likely opening date for the Link road was possibly 16th July..
• Concern that despite Street Scene clearing the rubbish on Redwither lane more had subsequently been dumped. reported to be being rectified.
99 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 12th June 2012 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
100 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.05pm.
Filed under: Previous Minutes