MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 8th January 2013 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors R Jones, M Roberts, I Squire, E Williams, C G Marsh, TAG Williams and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott..
APOLOGIES: PCSO Luke Dobby
Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th November 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
148 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that the proposed Wrexham Power Station was progressing and they had written indicating that the feedback on the consultation was available on their website. In the meantime the Planning Inspectorate had sought the views of the Council on what information should be included in an environmental statement. The closing date for comments was the 31st December and so the Chair had approved a response by the Clerk. It was reported that the salt Bins had been delivered, although not initially at the sites identified. The Notice board was due to be delivered towards the end of February.
The Clerk reported receipt of the proposed Traffic calming measures suggested for Cefn Road. Members expressed concern regarding the short response time and that whilst they generally supported the proposals, they did not go far enough. There should be a Camera, or at least, a flashing speed sign.
149 POLICING MATTERS
The Clerk apologised that the report from PCSO Dobby was not available for members at the meeting despite it having been forwarded to him. It would be available for any member who wished it sent to them.
150 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
Prior to deciding on the Precept and payments the Clerk reported that he had had a renewal notice from Zurich Mutual for the Council’s Insurance.
Agreed to enter into a three year agreement which gave a significant reduction on the premium.
He also reported on the recommendations of the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in respect to allowances for Community Councillors.
Agreed to implement the recommendations with the exception of the payments to members and to set the allowance for the Chair to be £100 for the next financial year.
The following payments were then authorised:
Clerk’s salary – reimbursement to WCBC – £489.60
Clerk’s Expenses – £157.04
Chairman’s Expenses – £95.00
SLCC Membership – £145.00
Zurich Insurance – £842.14
Members considered the precept report submitted by the Clerk together with the estimated balance at year end.
Resolved That the precept be maintained at the current level – £12050 for the year 2013/14, equivalent to £24.39p at
It was further agreed to have a specific discussion on spending plans at a future meeting.
151 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Ramblers – agreed to invite the Secretary to a future meeting.
• Noted the letter from WCBC Children & Young People Service regarding Youth & Play schemes.
• Noted the letter from WCBC regarding Houses of Multiple Occupation. One listed NOT in Abenbury. Clerk to inform WCBC.
• WCBC – LPG Guidance -Affordable Housing Clerk to respond as discussed.
• Community Health Council – Noted comments on the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board’s consultation document.
• National Assembly for Wales’s consultation on Local Government Democracy Bill. Noted with same views expressed at earlier consultation.
• WCBC – Noted request for submission of candidate sites for the LDP 2011- 2028. No submission.
Notice of Granted
• P/2012/0657 – Ash Tyres ltd. Double sided Notice board.
Notice of Refusal and Appeal
• P/2012/0588 – HTC Redwither Works. Felling of woodland. Continue to support refusal.
• P/2012/0813 – Garage Extension 11 Goodwood Grove. No objections.
• P/2012/0879 – Extensions to food facility. Rowan foods, Ash road. No objections.
• P/2012/0826 – Extension for warehousing, 3 25m silos and additional car parking. 70 Clywedog Road East. More information required particularly in regard to the silos.
• P/2012/0800 – Extension to detached Garage, the Granary, Erlas Lane. Object due to size of development and concern as to future development of the garage.
153 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Cllr Michael Morris updated members on the former Firestone site and the report soon to be received on land contamination.
• Entrance to Pentre Gwyn Community Centre – Problems of potholes.
• Potholes on Cefn road.
• Problems with litter following bins being emptied at the Oval.
• Leaves not being removed at the entrance at the Oval
154 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 12th February 2013 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
155 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.30.
Filed under: Previous Minutes