MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 14th February 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors A Reeves, M Roberts, I Squire, E Williams and TAG Williams.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott.
APOLOGIES: Councillors P Done and R Jones.
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th January 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
65 MATTERS ARISING
i) The Clerk presented a summary of the Annual Report of the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales explaining that the main emphasis was on the Principal Councils in Wales but that during the year they would be consulting on a Remuneration Framework for Town & Community Councils with a view to implement a new National scheme for 2013/2014. It was
agreed to note the report, await the consultation document and continue the present arrangements in the interim.
ii) Noted the summary of the Consultation on Local Government Byelaws(Wales)Bill.
iii) Noted updates on Highway matters, particularly the proposed improvements on Abenbury Road. With regard to the street lighting it was reported that the lamp standard previously reported had been removed as it had been damaged. Agreed to seek further information from WCBC Highways.
66 FINANCIAL MATTERS/ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised:
Walk for Life – £ 30.00
NWASBAH – £ 30.00
CAB Wrexham – £100.00
NW Deaf Association – £ 30.00
Home Start – £ 25.00
NSPCC – £ 30.00
Air Ambulance – £ 25.00
WBCC Street Lighting Maintenance – £ 79.66
WBCC Street Lighting Repairs – £ 65.22
Members noted correspondence from the Welsh Government on Borrowing consent, proposed revocation of retirement gratuities and on the revised limit of £6.80p per electorate for Section 137 payments.
67 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Wrexham Area Civic Society, membership – No action
• Optforlife Cymru – no action
• Countryside Council for Wales – review of access maps – noted
• One Voice Wales – Training – noted
• Welsh Government – Proposals to alter date of local Government elections – noted.
• P/2012/0071 – Temporary Installation of Telecommunications Apparatus for a period of two years. Agreed subject to confirmation of timescale.
• P/2012/0052 – Single storey rear conservatory – Agreed
• P/2012/0075 – Rebuilding of existing 33KV overhead line – Agreed
69 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Litter and general untidiness in the vicinity of Calypso. Cllr Morris indicated he would take the matter up with WCBC.
The Clerk was requested to chase up the following matters:
• Concern over use of land believed to be part of the Palmer estate by motorcyclists who were churning up the ground.
• Parking around the junction of Taunton Way and Kempton way.
Cllr Morris reported that the Local Development Plan consideration by the planning Inspector had come to an abrupt end as the Inspector felt that the Council had not provided for sufficient land for housing and indeed for employment. He would update the Council as things progressed.
• Concern regarding reports that Gypsies had camped locally. The Chairman would raise with the Police.
70 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 13th March 2012 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
71 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.15pm.
Filed under: Previous Minutes