MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 13th May 2013 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors P Done, C G Marsh, I Squire, A Reeves, M Roberts and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
APOLOGIES: Councillors R Jones, E Williams, TAG Williams and PCSO Luke Dobby.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, PCSOs Wendy Harris and Catherine Griffiths – Hughes
1 ELECTION OF CHAIR
RESOLVED – That Councillor Ray Squire be appointed Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
2 DECLARATION OF OFFICE
Councillor Ray Squire then read and signed the Declaration of Office before the Clerk as Proper Officer.
3 APPOINTMENT OF VICE -CHAIR
RESOLVED – That Councillor E. Williams be appointed Vice Chair for the ensuing municipal year.
Minutes of the Meeting held on 9th April 2013 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
5 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that there were a number of items on spending which he would report under financial matters.
Councillor Marsh said that there was an issue regarding the old notice board and it was agreed to leave the matter for the time being.
6 POLICING MATTERS
In the absence of PCSO Dobby PCSO Wendy Harris presented the crime statistics for the past month. There had been a total of 13 incidents including 3 common assaults, 3 burglaries, 2 cases of Theft and Handling and 1 Criminal Damage. There had also been 3 cases of anti social behaviour. The Police would continue to target off road bikes in the area.
7 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The Clerk presented the Accounts for 2011/2012 which had been scrutinised by the Internal Auditor who had agreed them. He had raised three issues, namely that a payment to Carrie Anne Price should have been to the organisation she was raising money for rather than to herself; that he had not seen the minutes when the Clerk reported on the cancellation of the Investment Bonds and that the Chair had not signed the June 2012 payments schedule. Members noted the comments. The Clerk then took Members through the Accounts reminding the Council that they had now built up substantial balances and that he would need to include a note with the Accounts for the External Auditor to explain the Councils expenditure plans.
That the Accounts be confirmed and signed by the Chair.
The Clerk then reported on items which had been previously brought forward for consideration. Wrexham CBC had now given a quotation for upgrading the Street Lamps at a cost of £1296.94. The quote for the additional Noticeboard had come in at £645 plus £80 delivery plus VAT.
That these projects be approved and that the Clerk should confirm acceptance of the quotations.
The third item had been raised by Councillor Eric Williams and involved the resiting of the bus stop and ancillary safety works on Cefn road as well as the provision of a footpath along Cefn Road. Darren Green of Wrexham Traffic department had now confirmed that Wrexham would be undertaking further improvements on Cefn Road and as a result of Abenbury’s initiative he would ensure the footpath went as far as the bus stop and would include a central refugee, thus obviating the need to move the bus stop. Members welcomed the news.
The following payments were then authorised:
Wrexham CBC – Quarterly Street Lighting – £79.66
Wrexham CBC – Street Light repairs – £22.19
Wrexham CBC – reimbursement of Clerk’s salary – £489.60
8 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Invitation to the Mayor of Wrexham’s Charity Dinner – declined.
• A further invitation to seek grant aid to establish a Luncheon Club. Noted as interest from organisations locally was nil.
• Noted that the Wrexham Flood Risk Management Strategy had been adopted.
• An invitation to the next Joint Council Meeting in July. To be attended by Chair and Cllr Mel Roberts.
• Noted the AVOW Newsletter.
• An Invitation to the next meeting with FCC waste. It was noted that the Chair attended in his own right.
• Noted the brochure from a local company which provided play and leisure equipment. The Chair would discuss with the residents Association whether any additional facilities might be needed.
• Notice from Welsh Water regarding “small kiosk style structures which form part of the sewerage system. Agreed to place poster in Noticeboard.
Notice of Granted
• P/2013/0088667 – Roil Foods, Clywedog road north. – erection of two silos.
10 MEMBERS REPORTS
• The Chair said that members of the public had raised with him the permissions for an industrial unit in the area. Cllr Morris said he would take the matter up with the Planners.
• Cllr Morris said that there was little to report on progress on the Prison proposals and the Power Station.
• Members indicated their pleasure on the news from Councillor reeves that the grid in the road near his property had, at last been fixed.
11 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on MONDAY 10th June 2013 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
12 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 7.55
Filed under: Previous Minutes