MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 12th March 2013 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors P Done, M Roberts, I Squire, R Jones, and TAG Williams
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, PCSO Luke Dobby.
APOLOGIES: Councillors C G Marsh and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
Minutes of the Meeting held on 12th February 2013 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
166 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that the Secretary to the Wrexham Ramblers was unable to attend the meeting and would come to a future meeting. The Notice board had been delivered and would be erected during the week by Councillor TAG Williams.
The Clerk reported that there was to be a presentation and discussion at the Joint meeting between Wrexham and the Town & Community Councils being held that night in the Guildhall. He had been promised sight of the presentation and would report back. Members also noted that the former Firestone site and the possible Prison were also likely to be discussed.
167 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO Dobby presented a report on crime in the area over the past month. There had been a total of 10 incidents including 2 metal thefts. Metal thefts are now being targeted with the Police working with local scrap yards. They also were continuing to target the off road bikers. Councillor Peter Done reported that he had been burgled very recently which suggested that his property had been watched until it was empty. PCSO Dobby indicated that PCSO Kelly was to become a Police Constable and therefore be leaving shortly. Members hoped that her replacement would have access to a vehicle as her area was large.
168 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The following payments were then authorised:
Clerk’s Expenses – £73.10
Village & Urban (Notice board) – £1212.00
Notconprint (Project leaflets printing) – £168.00
Rhiannon Jenkins (Translation) – £50.00
Air Ambulance – £25.00
The Clerk gave out copies of the Special Projects Leaflets to Members for distribution. In relation to the review of street lights which would be considered as part of the Projects it was agreed that the Chair would arrange for a site meeting with Craig Youens (Wrexham CBC).
The Clerk reported that the Bank had accepted his complaint regarding the Term investments and had agreed to lost interest and a small contribution for the inconvenience caused. This would be paid directly into the Council’s bank account.
The Chair also authorised the Clerk’s timesheet for payment.
169 RISK ASSESSMENT
Members considered and agreed the draft Risk Assessment
170 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Noted a letter from the Community Heath Council to the Minister for Health & social Services.
• Noted the letter from Nemisis who provide a Firework display service.
Notice of Granted
• P/2012/0686 – Erection of 2 No Sub-Stations.
• P/2012 0771 – Vacant Plot, Land South of Unit 54, Clywedog Road South.
Notice of refusal
• P/2012/0813 – Garage Extension, 11 Goodwood Grove,
• P2013/0088 – Erection of Two Silos (Part amendment), Unit 52, Roil Foods Ltd, Clywedog Road North. – Agreed
172 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Cllr R Jones reported on a blocked drain which he had reported but Wrexham CBC had emptied a different one!
• Cllr TAG Williams said that the Notice Board would be erected on Thursday.
• The Chair raised the question of whether the Council would consider moving the meeting date to a Monday as this would avoid the clash with the joint meeting. After discussion it was agreed in principle to moving the meetings to a Monday subject to further discussion when other members, and particularly Cllr Morris, were present.
173 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 9th April 2013 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
174 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.05.
Filed under: Previous Minutes