MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 12th June 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors I Squire, P Done, M Roberts, TAG Williams.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott. Cllr Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC), Councillors A Reeves, E Williams and C G Marsh attended and co-opted (Agenda Item 103)
APOLOGIES: Cllr R Jones
Prior to the formal commencement of the meeting a representative of Wrexham Power Ltd sought the Council’s agreement for them to present their proposals to the Council at the next meeting. Members agreed that the first 30 minutes of the meeting should be given over to the issue.
Minutes of the Meeting held on 8th May 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
102 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk gave Members copies of the Wrexham Code of Conduct as agreed at the last meeting. Members expressed their concern and disappointment that the Police were not present and had not even had the courtesy to reply to the Clerks invitation to attend the meeting.
103 CO –OPTION OF MEMBERS
It was agreed unanimously to co-opt Messers A Reeve, E Williams an C G Marsh to the Council. The three new members then duly signed their declarations of office.
104 FINANCIAL MATTERS/ACCOUNTS
The Clerk reported that the Accounts had been submitted to the external Auditor who had asked for some additional information on the increase in spend for last year.
The following payments were authorised:
Wrexham CBC – Community Centre Contribution – £525.00
COMPACC (External Auditor) – £85.00
Carrie-Ann Price (Sponsorship) – £20.00
Clerk’s Honorarium – £489.00
Clerk’s Expenses – £50.40
105 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Welsh Government – Consultation on Promoting Local Democracy White Paper. Members did not agree that small Community Councils should incur the additional costs associated with the proposal for information on and be contactable through the internet.
• Wrexham CBC Older People questionnaire. Members responded to the questions raised in the questionnaire.
• FCC Environment – Community Liaison Meeting – Cllr Iris Squire to represent the Council.
• Community Renewable Energy Course – No action
• One Voice Wales 2012 Conference – No action at this time
Nothing to report.
107 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Noted that the new lamps had not been switched on.
• The noisy grid had reappeared!
• Concern that with the recent rain the grass verges were growing very quickly and were not being cut.
• Concern expressed with litter nearby the Garage was becoming a constant issue.
• Problems at the roundabout between Abenbury and Cefn roads.
• Noted that the ex Firestone site had been passed to Wrexham Council from the Welsh Government.
• The Vice Chair reported that he had represented the Council at the reception for the Olympic Torch at the Guildhall.
• Members raised the continuing noise problems at Hydro Aluminium Deeside Ltd. Agreed to invite a representative to attend the next meeting.
108 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 10th July 2012 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
109 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.00m.
Filed under: Previous Minutes