MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 12th February 2013 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors A Reeves, M Roberts, I Squire, E Williams, C G Marsh, TAG Williams and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, PCSO Phil Peters and PCSO Daniel George.
APOLOGIES: Councillors P Done, R Jones and PCSO Luke Dobby
Minutes of the Meeting held on 8th January 2013 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
157 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that the Secretary to the Wrexham Ramblers would attend the March meeting. The Notice board was due to be delivered towards the end of February to Councillor TAG Williams who would erect the Board for the Council.
Councillor Morris indicated that the work on the proposed Traffic calming measures suggested for Cefn Road was likely to start imminently.
The Clerk reported that notwithstanding the Council’s view regarding WAG’s consultation on the Local Democracy Bill. He had received a letter indicating that £500 was available via Wrexham CBC to meet the costs of building a website and as this suggested that this would be compulsory in the future that advantage should be taken of the finance. Members agreed for the Clerk to explore the costs etc and to report back and to obtain the funding from Wrexham.
Councillor Morris updated members on the former Firestone site and that it was likely to be transferred to Wrexham shortly with certain conditions such as protecting the environment. There was also interest in the land for industrial use which would suggest that, if confirmed, would preclude the use for any suggested prison or other large scale projects. Members welcomed the news.
Councillor Eric Williams reported that there had been some pothole filling at the Pentre Gwyn Community Centre. However the amount of rubbish dumped at the recycling area was a disgrace. Councillor Morris agreed to take the matter up with Wrexham.
158 POLICING MATTERS
The Clerk gave PCSO Dobby’s apologies and introduced PCSOs Daniel George and Phil Peters who gave a report on crime in the area over the past month. There had been 7 incidents of which currently one where offenders had been charged. PCSO George also reported that off road bike were being targeted as the Council had raised in the past. Members gave more information to the PCSOs which would be used for future targeting. Councillor Eric Williams reported on some problems with gangs of youths in the LLwyn Onn area. The PCSO’s indicated that they would raise this accordingly.
159 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The following payments were then authorised:
Clerk’s salary – reimbursement to WCBC – £489.60
Street Lighting maintenance – Wrexham CBC – £240.54
Home Start contribution – £25.00
Shine Contribution – £30.00
Childrens Cancer Support Group – £25.00
The Clerk reported that he had an interim report back from Wrexham CBC regarding updating the Community Council owned Street lights. A provisional figure of about £300 to replace and £90 to modify had been given but it would be the end of the Month before more precise information was available. This would form part of the Council’s deliberations on future spending. On which after some discussion Members agreed to seek the views of local residents and the Clerk would prepare a questionnaire to be delivered by Member after the March meeting.
The Clerk reported that the Term investments had been oversubscribed but as he had not been informed and that the Bank had held the cheques he was seeking lost interest.
160 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Walk for life – agreed to give to Residents association to see if they would organise an event.
• Noted a further letter from WCBC Children & Young People Service regarding Youth & Play schemes.
• Noted that the next meeting of the Wrexham Town & Community Council Forum clashed with the next meeting.
• WCBC/Age Cymru – opportunity to get financial support for establishing Luncheon Clubs to be discussed with new Café proprietors.
• AVOW newsletter taken by Councillor Iris Squire.
Notice of Granted
• P/2012/0800 – Extension to detached Garage, the Granary, Erlas Lane. Despite the Council objecting.
162 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Cllr Michael Morris updated members on the Power Station proposal and that the Council should expect formal consultation between April and June.
• Cllr Morris also asked whether the Council would support, at this moment only in principle, a request by a neighbouring Councillor for Wrexham CBC to provide a Bus Shelter at the junction of Abenbury road and Goodwood Grove. Agreed.
• Councillor Morris also agreed to take up with the relevant Departments at Wrexham problems of litter and overgrowth of footpaths.
• Possibility of a Notice Board to be erected at LLwyn Onn.
• Whether permission was needed for temporary moveable business signs.
163 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 12th March 2013 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
164 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.15.
Filed under: Previous Minutes