MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 11th November 2013 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor E Williams (in the Chair)
Councillors R Jones, F A Reeves, M Roberts, TAG Williams and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
APOLOGIES: Councillors R Squire, I Squire, P R Done and G Marsh.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, PCSO Jade Andrews
a) Minutes of the Meeting held on 7th October 2013 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
b) Minutes of the Special Meeting held on the 21st October 2013 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
51 MATTERS ARISING
Members further discussed the proposed Prison and indicated that they had been pleased with the involvement of local people and the way Amy James had responded to their questions. The Clerk confirmed that he was liaising with Amy regarding our submission and would let members know when the Planning Committee was to discuss the matter. Councillor Morris took no part in this discussion.
52 POLICING MATTERS
In PCSO Dobby’s absence PCSO Jade Andrews presented the crime statistics for the past month. These continued to show a lower level of incidents than last month, totalling 16. These included 8 Burglaries other than a dwelling, 1 case of Theft and Handling, 4 incidences of Criminal damage and 2 of anti social behaviour. She reported that there had been no incidents on Bonfire night because of the success of the “Operation Bang” event held at the Community Centre. Members expressed their dismay that the PCSO for the Industrial Estate had not yet started but thanked the PCSO for attending.
53 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised:
INDIGO Planning- Fee -£3,096.30
Wrexham CBC – Street Lighting Maintenance – £79.66
Wrexham CBC – Street Lighting repairs – £128.03
Clerk’s Expenses third quarter – £66.30
Urdd – £50.00
54 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• An invitation to consider applying for Grants under the Rural Environmental Project. – Noted
• The Report of the Wrexham Civic Society.
• Information regarding War Memorials needing conservation – Noted but none in Abenbury.
• Information regarding an Jones Lighting offering an alternative Street lighting Contactor service.
• Noted flyers for playground equipment.
• Further information from Wrexham CBC regarding budget cuts and implications for Community Councils. Agreed as before but to confirm that Clerk to agree the inspection and maintenance of the playarea.
Notice of GRANTING
• P/2013/0618 – Rear extension and detached Garage.
56 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Cllr G Williams asked why the delay on the Bike lane on Cefn Road. Councillor Morris said he would check.
• Cllr E Williams reported that a car had been left at the bottom of Cefn Road for 4 months and was a nuisance for road users. Councillor Morris to check with Wrexham Council and Police.
• Cllr E Williams raised the issue of litter between Frog Lane and LLwyn Onn Park. It was possibly on private land but was very unsightly.
57 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on MONDAY 13th January 2014 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
58 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.15pm
Filed under: Previous Minutes