MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 10th July 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor M Roberts (in the Chair)
Councillors R Jones, A Reeves, E Williams, C G Marsh and TAG Williams.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott.
APOLOGIES: Cllrs I Squire, R Squire, P Done and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
Minutes of the Meeting held on 12th June 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
111 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that Cllr Morris had informed him that the Litter Bin had now been installed.
112 PRESENTATION – WREXHAM POWER
Prior to the formal commencement of the meeting representatives of Wrexham Power gave an informative presentation of the proposals for a 1gigawatt energy centre. Members then asked a number of questions related to the use of the “surplus” heat and whether it could benefit local residents, noise, the need for overhead cables, what assurance could be given that local people would be employed during the construction, environmental affects for those opposite the preferred site and why there was a need to build it at this time. The representatives indicated that the period for representations was open until 5th August but indicated that they would be happy to return to the Council at the October meeting to give feedback.
113 HYDRO ALUMINIUM DEESIDE Ltd
Mr Stuart Ross and Mrs Alison Soper of the Environment Agency attended to discuss members concern following the recent increase in complaints of noise. Members explained that in the last few months there had been an increase in noise levels due, they considered, that the south facing door was being left open because of heat issues within the factory. There were also concerns regarding other noises such as reversing “beeps” and other warning sirens. The EA representatives indicated that they had met with the Company and had updated the Council on the measures they were implementing. Clearly this had not resolved the matter and for the EA to take quick action they needed affected residents to let them know at the time of the incident and agreed to let Cllr Marsh have some cards with contact details to enable that to happen.
114 FINANCIAL MATTERS AND ACCOUNTS
The following payment was authorised:
Information Commissioner – £35.00
115 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Annual Report from the Ombudsman – noted.
• Clwyd Community Chest – Annual Meeting- No action.
• AVOW – Annual meeting – No action.
• Community Renewable Energy Course – No action
• Swansea Metropolitan University Questionnaire. Taken by Vice Chairman.
• Community Heritage and Culture Grant Scheme – agreed to consider at the September meeting. Clerk to circulate copies.
• P/2012/0456 – Erection of 3 no Silos (part amendment) – Unit 52 Roil Foods, Clwyedog Road North – No objections.
• P/2012/0464 – Creation of new glazed entrance etc SPI Europe Ltd, Unit C Spectrum Business Park – No objections
117 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Accident and safety concerns over the recent temporary closures, which should reduce following the opening of the new road. Also concern with the length of the temporary closures.
• The noisy grid still had not been fixed.
• Concern with overgrown hedges causing pedestrians to have to leave the pavement.
• Weeds in the gutters at LLwynonn estate and Abenbury fields.
• Members asked why the Inspector was not present or represented. The Clerk reported that he had twice left telephone messages and that he had had a message left by a PCSO the dat before the meeting but because of the quality of the message he had been unable to make return contact. He would follow up with the Police.
• Members enquired after the health of the Chairman and the vice Chairman indicated that he had been to see Ray on the Saturday and that he was looking better but might still be in hospital for a little longer. Agreed that the Clerk send the best wishes of members for a speedy return to health.
118 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 11th September 2012 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
109 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.35m.
Filed under: Previous Minutes