MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 8th May 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors R Jones, I Squire, P Done, M Roberts, TAG Williams.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott. Clr Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th March 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
81 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that he had been advised by Wrexham Council that the broken street lighting column was scheduled to be replaced on the 11th April or 13th April.
82 FINANCIAL MATTERS/ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised:
Grant to Residents and Tenants Association towards cost of Commemorative Mugs (Cheque made out to Clr M Roberts) – £ 145.80
A letter authorising the transfer of £4000 from the Current to the Reserve Account as agreed by the Council in January was signed. The delay being linked to the issues regarding Authorisation of the Accounts as previously reported.
With regard to this the Clerk also reported that the discussion with the Nat West Bank regarding authorisation of signatures was being concluded but that he would ask members, after the Election to complete new Authorisation forms to avoid problems in the future.
83 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk reported that, at the request of the Chairman he had invited Darren Green of the WCBC Highways to attend the meeting but, because of the sensitivity during the immediate period before the Election, he was unable to attend. Mr Green had offered to respond to any specific issues. The Chair had asked for information regarding the 30mph order and Mr Green had replied that “A consultation process was undertaken with all County Councillors and Community Councils whose wards were affected by the changes …..” Members expressed their concern that Abenbury had not been consulted directly although Cllr Morris had raised it at a previous meeting. The Clerk was instructed to confirm to Mr Green that they would wish him to attend the next meeting and for him to provide the Clerk with a copy of the Consultation letter.
The Clerk then summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• WCBC Annual Meeting invitation 22nd May 2012 – No action
• Invitation from the Lord Lieutenant to the Service to commemorate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee – No action
• Owain Glyndwr Scheme – No action
• Wrexham CBC – noted letter regarding activities around the Queen’s diamond Jubilee.
• Wrexham Town & Community Council Forum – noted date of next meeting (11th September2012).
• Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board – date of Locality Stakeholder Groups.
• Wrexham in Bloom Best kept Village Award 2012 – no action
• Noted – Route of Olympic Torch as it travels through Wrexham.
• Confirmed that the Clerk should complete the questionnaire from the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales.
• Agreed not to join One Voice Wales.
• Noted that the Council would have to register with the Information Commissioner at £35.
• Agreed that previous minutes currently held by the Clerk should be lodged with Wrexham Archives.
• Noted application from Waste Recycling Group Ltd to operate a Mechanical and Biological treatment facility to the Environment Agency Wales.
• Noted the withdrawal of the Wrexham CBC LDP
85 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Concern expressed over the knock on affect of the road closure on local lanes and the sinking of the carriageway on Clwyedog East / SouthChair.
• Concern over the dumping of rubbish on Redwither lane and that motorcyclists were again on the land near Calypso.
• The noisy grid on Cefn Road opposite Little LLwyn Onn was reported to be being rectified.
86 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 8th May 2012 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
87 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.00pm.
Filed under: Previous Minutes